Team Third Waterhouse

teamthirdwaterhouseedited

Team Third Michael Waterhouse

Oil, Water, Red Food Coloring, and Alka-Seltzer Tablets

Team Members: Sean Harrison, Hunter Miller, and Ryan Walker

Team Third – James Julian
Demon’s Smile – Sean Harrison, Team Third

• Very demonic looking! really cool. The motion in the image really adds to the complexity. I think the motion blur really adds to the image.

• Maxfield Scrimgeour
    December 5, 2016 12:45 pm

This image is super cool. i like how there is so much going on in the image. lots to look at.

• I feel as though this image could be the basis for a horror film poster. I can imagine it involving a very a crazy tone. That’s exactly what this image speaks to me: tone. The image itself is very nicely framed and centered. It almost reminds me of a shot form a Wes Anderson movie. With that said, the artistic merit comes from how the verticalities of the image come down and gather at the bottom. I am pleased to see this image being used as a way to make the image pop out more by using its orientation. This is a great image and I am a bit inspired to see if I can replicate this image for an upcoming film project. The colors blend well together. I would surprised if they didn’t considering the contrast of pink is yellow. It almost feels like a pool of lava or a melting sunset. Very surreal, and very well done.

• Jeremy Parsons
    December 2, 2016 12:28 pm

You managed to capture the fiery perspective in your image very well. The colors and streaking bubbles make the image seem very chaotic!

• This image makes me think of flaming goal posts. The trailing bubbles add a nice effect. Well focused.

• Art: The contrast between the background and the bobbles are great, I really enjoy how much this looks like fire.
    Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
    Photographic technique: The exposure used was great it really makes this piece look that much more similar to fire.

• Wow. This image looks like fire vortexes underwater. Very nice contrast and aesthetically pleasing.

• Amazing colors. Looks like an underwater fire. I like the composition too, with the two columns on the edges and the dark in the middle

• 1. Very artistic image. The vibrant colors and fluid composition is very interesting.
    2. The physics are well shown.
    3. The photographic technique is very good.

• Peter Brunsgaard
    December 2, 2016 12:21 pm

I really like the bubbles in the middle of the image and the effect they create. The image gives the impression of fire.

• Stephanie Mora
    December 2, 2016 12:21 pm

Really awesome particle tracing! Looks like a fiery scene but bubbles are an underwater feature, so it just messes with your brain. Good focus, awesome, great colors.

• This image is wildly unique. Love the sharp vibrant colors. It looks like an inferno and I’m digging it. Amazing work!

• Wow! Cool image, nice coloring. I like the motion blur of the bubbles, tracing their movement.

• Preston Marcoux
    December 2, 2016 12:20 pm

Really vibrant image, it would be difficult to tell what’s going on without a description, but it is a really interesting image.

• The bottom right is a little overexposed, but I like the warm colors and and the streamlines. What was the shutter speed?