Team First – Zachary Hinck

Team First – Zachary Hinck

Oobleck was dropped onto a wet turn table while it was rotating. The constant rotation forces a layer of the Ooblek to act like a liquid and run towards the edges while the rest of the Ooblek solidifies underneath.

Phil Nystrom
Team First – Brandon

• Geya Kairamkonda
    April 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Really nice focus! I like how you can see the yellow and blue mix together on the record.

• Julian Claudio
    March 2, 2018 12:59 am

Cool photo, the two different colors of paint provide great contrast. I like how you can see the sharp outlines of the paint as it pours and also the mixing of the paints as they disperse along the record.

• Joe Zahorik
    March 1, 2018 9:32 am

I love the idea of this photo- having an acting force is a great way to show how certain fluids flow. I feel as though the saturation could have been greater, but this is only an aesthetic choice. Focus seems good and the shutter speed seems well selected.

• Michael Johnson
    February 26, 2018 10:42 am

The flow is very cool and I like how the oobleck transitions from solid to liquid along the record. The focus and framing are also very good.

• There is cool visualization with the streamlines where the material guys the record. The cookies seem kind of washed out, perhaps enhancing then would make the picture even better.

• Michael Guenther
    February 23, 2018 2:13 pm

The flow is captured really well here, especially where the streams meet the record. Good framing and use of colors.

• A very beautiful image. I like the colors, the focus and frame are good!

• This is a really unique idea. The colors and composition are really well done. The flow is really pretty.
    Maybe crop out the cup edge at the top?

• I like the composition of the image. The color is great and the suspended dropping through mid air is great.

• Your stream is thick, but looks like you poured it all out in one go. Not consistent flow rate, poor form, pour boy.

• Alexandra Wilson
    February 23, 2018 11:14 am

Art: Very interesting colors and strong visual balance.
    Flow: Beautiful! Really interesting!
    Technique: So creative! Very fun.

• It is really interesting seeing how the oobleck flowed on the turntable. Great focus and framing.

• I like how you can see the transition from a solid state to liquid. The contrast is great, and the turntable is a nice artistic touch.

• I like the use of opposite colors in the oobleck, it really highlights the flow. There are interesting flow dynamics but overall is a really dynamic image.

• Daniel Petrykowski
    February 23, 2018 11:13 am

The streams are nicely resolved. It appears as though the blue stream is meandering.

• Nice choice of colors, I would consider increasing the contrast or the saturation of the image to make the colors pop more.

• Great colors and focus. I think the label reallybrings out the rest of the image too. (Also, knowing what the record actually is makes me giggle.

• The blue and yellow colors on the black record and turntable makes for an interesting color contrast. Pouring oobleck on the record as it is spinning is a very cool and original fluid flow experiment. Overall, awesome picture and experiment.

• Interesting image, I like the way you show two different colors oobleck, and you can see the purple flow looks different than the yellow one.

• Interesting idea. I like the choice of colors because you can really see the difference when they mix.

• Great color combination, and I like the crop/contents besides the fluid. Good lighting, but the focus plane could come forward a little I think.

• I like the the blue and yellow, and the artistic intent of this image. Flow is clearly shown.

• Cool image. The focus is good, and the contrast between the colors creates an interesting affect. It looks like the image might need to be cropped more

• I like the flow of the ooblek on the record. You can really see the running of the liquid on the disc. The focus is nice and the colors are great as well. Nice job!

• Garrett Wolcott
    February 23, 2018 11:10 am

Neat photo, the colors are great. Great lighting

• Jordan Nahabetian
    February 23, 2018 11:10 am

I love the color choice. The mixture of the blue into the yellow helps to indicate the direction of the spin.

• This looks really good. It is very clear. I like the way the two colors mix at the interface between them.

• I like the use of opposite colors in the oobleck, it really highlights the flow on the turntable. I think slightly more cropping on the top and right side of the image would help add focus to the flow on the record. Good lighting and focus in the image.

• Steven Rothbart
    February 23, 2018 11:10 am

The combination of the blue and yellow colors is fun. Also, the idea of pouring it on a turntable is really cool

• Nice colors and good edits to bring them out. Maybe you could crop out the edge of the glass at the top of the picture

• Really cool image, interesting flow dynamics. I think it was cropped well and the lighting works.

• Abigail Rastatter
    February 23, 2018 11:09 am

Excellent focus. I think you should crop the very top of the image so that the beaker doesn’t show.

• Very interesting setup. The speed of spin may have affected the focus a bit but the color flows are very cool

• Great use of color, I like that there’s a small motion blur, but not too much. Overall nice image and great photography/contrast.