Chi_Liu_Team_First

Chi_Liu_Team_First

The is a Tesla model X car model and blowed by a Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier.

Team_First_Report_Chi-1

2018 Spring Team First – JJ Monahan
Team First – Acrylic Pour

• Geya Kairamkonda
    April 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Love the idea of using a toy car. Maybe better focus to see the flow better?

• Julian Claudio
    March 2, 2018 1:18 am

Cool idea, I like how you used the model to emulate a flow that happens in real life around cars! The photo is really unique. The shot is done well, the framing is nice, and the focus is great.

• I like this idea, nice framing! this was a unique experiment and a different type of flow

• It’s Fog impinging on a Tesla model car!
    The laminar flow of the jet of fog contrasts nicely with the turbulence after it hits the car. I wonder what it would look like in a wind tunnel?

• This looks really cool and had the effect of a car in a wind tunnel. But the floor is hard to see with the white car and white flow, perhaps another color would have been better.

• Michael Guenther
    February 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Nice framing and demonstration of the flow. It would be cool if the spray was shot from a different angle.

• This is a really fun shot, I like the composition and lighting. I have no idea if the flow here is actually laminar, but maybe it could be shown off a little more depending on the angle of the incident smoke. I don’t think the angle you have it at is ideal for the aerodynamics of the body.

• I like this idea and the flow. Maybe crop the image down to focus more on the flow over the model?

• Cool effect, the focus is a bit off and the shutter speed could be a bit faster

• Subject is nicely framed in the center of the image, and the focus and exposure are good. I would consider coloring the image so that the flow is more clearly visible.

• I like the flow of the fog flowing off of the car. You can certainly see that the front of the car pushes the fog off to the back of the car and potentially laminar flow on the roof of the vehicle. Focus is pretty good, but the colors of the car could be improved.

• Neat image. good shadows and focus,. Perhaps adjust cropping.

• Interesting experiment and image. Did you think about using a different color car to create a color contrast? It is cool to see the fog moving over the vehicle to see the aerodynamics of the car.

• Interesting image and cool idea, the picture is in good focus and very sharp, however it is hard to see the actually aerodynamics of the entire car.

• Love the concept behind this image. I really like seeing how the fog interacts with the car. If you look closelely, you can see where air is collecting and highlights the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

• Cool concept and I can see the aerodynamic effect of the flow around the hood and windshield. I almost think you could go in closer and see that effect even more.

• This is an interesting idea. It is interesting that the flow towards the rear of the car becomes rather turbulent.

• Abigail Rastatter
    February 23, 2018 11:46 am

Nice showcase of flow. I think the background should have been dark so that we could see the smoke better, but it’s still evident.

• Great demonstration of aerodynamics on a toy car. I like the subtlety of the mist around the top and behind of the car.

• Cool fluid flow, I like that you did the flowvis of a vehicle. I would change the contrast in photoshop, take down the lights and turn up the blacks. Also, its somewaht difficult to see the smoke.

• Alexandra Wilson
    February 23, 2018 11:45 am

This is really interesting! Is it a slow exposure? Very interesting idea and composition. Maybe funneling the flow would give you a more straight plume to work with.

• Good capture of the fog hitting the car. Have you considered making this a black and white photo? There aren’t too many colors already and maybe black and white could help highlight the flow better. Just a thought.

• This is a really interesting image. Although its subtle you can see the flow of the humid air over the model car. The image is clear and in focus.

• The stream of water vapor is cool. And the flicks and depth of field are good. But at the car it is difficult to see what flows are occurring

• Very interesting effect. Not sure if the car adds much to the effect but overall I like how the fog just cures over the vehicle

• Daniel Petrykowski
    February 23, 2018 11:45 am

It might be useful to increase the flow velocity so that the effects of gravity are minimized. The focus and framing and nicely done.

• Steven Rothbart
    February 23, 2018 11:45 am

Interesting idea using a humidifier to visualize a car’s aerodynamics

• This is a really cool idea. It’s the first time we’ve seen a sort of “wind tunnel” experiment in this class. It is cool to see the aerodynamics of a car.