Clouds Second Orographic Stable In Boulder

Clouds Second Orographic Stable In Boulder

Flatiron Sunset
Jeremiah Chen – Clouds Second | Altocumulus, Cirrocumulus

• Very interesting and darkened photo. I could believe that this silhouetting is not done through post processing. Very well resolved.

• Sierra Castillo
    December 6, 2016 7:51 pm

I love the contrast between the pink and black. The silhouette gives nice context to the formation. The clouds are really nice, they look like they are airbrushed or something.

• I love the deep red color of the clouds. It gives amazing contrast along with the silhouette of the building. Very aesthetically pleasing.

• Art: I really like the color contrast of the clouds in this picture, the dark undertones really accent the bright tops of the clouds well.
    Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and easily recognized.
    Photographic technique: The focus of the clouds is great as well as the post processing to take out lights that were present.

• Love the rich colors in this photo. The dark colors in the cloud really help the reds pop out. So does the quiet black mountain/building foreground. Great job with post processing.

• Excellent colors displayed in this cloud formation. The contrast between the deep, black foreground and the deep purples and reds of the clouds is what makes the image unique in my opinion.

• Michael Waterhouse
    November 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Interesting color. Beautiful texture in the cloud formation. The bottom layer has a great bright orange layer.

• Zachary Cymanski
    November 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Very nice silhouette effect on building, The clouds have a strong red color that makes this sunset spectacular.

• 1. Great artistic image.
    2. The physics are well shown.
    3. The photographic technique is great.

• Preston Marcoux
    November 28, 2016 12:14 pm

The shades of orange, blue, gray, and pink plays well together and makes for a very cool image. I really liked the shadows of the building and mountains.

• Great capture of this cloud structure during a beautiful sunset. The colors are nice and vibrant, the building is a little distracting but I like the silhouette of the mountains.

• I like the colors in the photo. the mountains and the building provide a nice border on the bottom. The angle of the photo makes me feel like i am straining my neck to look up for some reason. interesting how the perspective can make this happen.

• I like the colors in this image. The dark sky and red/orange clouds give the image an ominous feel. The tree on the left is a bit distracting to me, but overall great photo.

• I love the colors in this photo. So vibrant and a great contrast. There is almost swirling coming in on the top right. And a couple spots again of very bright vibrant spots. The focus looks pretty good. Maybe could be a tad crisper.

• Awesome photo! I like how the colors highlight a 3 dimensional aspect of the clouds. Nice colors, good dynamic range.

• The clouds in this image are superb and I really enjoy the colors. However, I think the trees and building in the foreground are a bit distracting in the image. Also, the contrast in between the dark and lit clouds is superb.

• I like the silhouette of the Engineering Center and the mountains. They contrast very nicely with the sunset colors on the clouds.

• Maxfield Scrimgeour
    November 18, 2016 12:28 pm

I really like the silhouette of the building and the contrast in this photo. Nice oranges and reds in this image and the darkening of the foreground below is cool.