Get Wet – Zachary Marshall

Get Wet – Zachary Marshall

This image was created using LED lights to illuminate the water jets spraying up. There was a plastic casing that water would hold onto creating the two bubbles on the surface.

Get Wet – Zachary Hinck
Get Wet Report – A.G. Wilson

• Perfect focus and great Rez! I love how this worked out and the description helped me understand the image

• The ripples are well in focus, while the lights provide a nice background. The hi-tech aesthetic was well-realized. I want this as my phone background!

• Very cool image, i love the focus and color that runs through the image. Cool technique

• The colors of this image are awesome. It’s hard to see what’s going on, so adding a more detailed description might be helpful. The focus is great in this picture. Overall, nice image!

• I find this image really intriguing. At first I didn’t know at all what is was, which added to the beauty. It reminds me of city lights reflecting off a windshield.

• Beautiful coloring and frame. Good focus and flow is understandable.

• Amazing use of colors and the refraction effects of water to create a futuristic, abstract image. I love the blur of the background, and while I can’t really tell what’s physically happening here just by looking at the image, I don’t think that’s necessary in this case.

• Very vibrant effect and colors. Good job

• Summerlyn Thompson
    February 16, 2018 11:09 am

This shot is beautiful! Flow isn’t as clear as it could be but I really like the lens-ing effect you captured.

• Alexandra Wilson
    February 16, 2018 11:09 am

art: Gorgeous color, focus and color is so satisfying
    flow: So neat! Though hard to picture as a larger aparatus.
    technique: Excellent and fascinating use of material and water.

• Daniel Petrykowski
    February 16, 2018 11:08 am

The photo looks awesome. I’m curious how it would look without the lights and colors or from a different angle.

• The light refraction on the bubbles is really neat. The focus emphasizes the bubbles and the blur of the colors in the background.

• The color is really beautiful. Especially the coors around two big circles are very beautiful. I like that the colors in the back is blurred. Nice focus!

• The LED’s provide a really nice effect, it has a nighttime long exposure feel. Attention is drawn to the circles nicely, just some corrections to the over exposed areas would be nice.

• I like the composition, the colors and lights are very interesting to look at. The focus was also very well done.

• The colors are fantastic. The way the camera is focused on the two rings, and the way the different colors interact is amazing to look at

• I like the colors used in this photo it reminds me of city night lights. The focus on the bubbles are also a nice touch

• Art
    It’s really nice. It looks like an alien.
    Flow
    The floating bubble reflections are neat. It would be useful to understand what is happening in the picture.
    Photographic Technique
    It;s interesting how focused on the middle bubble the picture is.

• Michael Sandoval
    February 16, 2018 11:07 am

The colors in this picture are great. The yellow and violet in the bubbles go well together.

• This is a really cool photo. I like the bright colors in the background. I’m still not quite sure what is occurring in the flow, but the overall composition of the photo is really nice.

• Fascinating image. I love that I can’t tell what’s going. The lighting is awesome. The bubbles are a great lens for the lighting.

• This is a truly visually stunning image. Extremely creative and the colors look really nice. The focus is good, and although it’s not immediately obvious that this is a fluid, that’s part of its appeal. Well done

• This is a very beautiful image. I like the focus and the and the asymmetry of the bubbles. It is fascinating that the bubbles are hanging below the surface.

• Amazing! Lots of retro colors. I love how the rings are in focus, and the colors in the background are out of focus. It’s like you’re in a trance.

• This image is beautiful! The rings/bubbles in the image are mysterious but illustrate your flow phenomenon well. I really like your usage of various colored lights to illuminate the background of the scene.

• Garrett Wolcott
    February 16, 2018 11:06 am

Feels very futuristic. The color contrast with the darker background makes this a great photo. Cool idea incorporating the music with flow visualization.

• Jordan Nahabetian
    February 16, 2018 11:06 am

I love the crispness of the colors interacting with each other. With the background being blurry, we can see the depth and it isn’t distracting to the flow.

• Great job with the framing. I really like the choice you made for focusing in on the object. The colors are extremely satisfying to look at and not too bright.

• Very nice colors in this picture. The focusing looks great too. I liked the idea!

• I think you did a really job illuminating the image. I like the way it draws the focus to the two main circles.

• Great colors and overall composition. Also great fluid flow, cool concept. I don’t think there is anything I’d change about the picture.

• The colors in this are awesome. The focus is well done. I like the bubbles and how they magnify the colors. The flow is really cool.

• I really like the aesthetic of the picture, it reminds me of a busy, futuresque city. I like how you can see the flow through the distortion of the lights. The focus is also really nice, the foreground is sharp while the background is blurred out which keeps the focus on the most interesting part of the photograph

• Unreal focus and great colors! I wonder what the original looked like! its very beautiful

• Michael Guenther
    February 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Nice aesthetic and use of colors, I could look at this flow all day if I had the chance.

• Very creative image and technique used to make the flow. At first I was unsure what was occurring, but the description pulled it all together. Overall, perfect focus and high resolution.