This photograph is from a photographic art series by Fotoopa, a liquid art master from Belgium, that has titled this series Water Figures. The entire series focuses on the differences and variations of each piece. It incorporates a variety of colors and backgrounds to highlight vibrant colors and varying properties of liquids. There is a vibrancy in color combinations and the motion of the liquid creates a distinct spectrum.
Best of Web 2016 | Yadira Valadez
14 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
First place. I love the contrasting colors that highlight the flow phenomena going on in this image.
Excellent droplet photography example. Hard to believe this isn’t a glass sculpture. The way the dies fade into each other, the lighting and the complex shape of the subject stand out most to me.
First Place. The precise timing that is required to make this piece is impressive. The focusing on the jet is important to the quality of the picture and allows the focus to be on the colors over the focus of the water. The use of vibrant colors is spectacular.
2nd Place – I am impressed with how the colors were blended so well. The saturation of the colors adds a great effect
First place. It’s photos like this that make me excited for the class. This picture must have taken a lot of work to get, but man is it incredible.
First place. Great color distribution with perfect smooth water surface. Giving observers very comfortable and enjoyable feeling.
First Place. With an understanding in how complex droplet photography is, this picture is both beautiful and impressive.
Second Place. This is another gorgeous photograph that perfectly catches the vibrancy of each color. The timing needed to capture this is impeccable and the lighting is brilliant.
Second place. I love the variety of color and knowing how hard it is to capture an image like this (getting the lighting, timing and angles all correct) just make it that much more impressive.
Second place. The lighting is extremely vivid with the contrast difference between the deep black background and the vibrant colors.
second place. the use of the color and the timing of this photo are impeccable. being able to see each little organic shape that is caused from the worthington jet is mesmerizing.
This picture to me is very aesthetically pleasing. When I look at this image I think of a very colorful and vibrant flower. The use of a black background and the various colors highlight the beauty of flow visualization.
1st Place. The photograph exemplifies the art that fluid phenomenon can exhibit. The bright colors against the black background make the image stunning and focuses the image on the fluid phenomena. The bottom portion of the photo adds additional depth, dimension, and complementary contrast.
First place. The precision required to create the phenomena highlighting in the photo is incredible. The crisp focus and contrast between the different colors in the jet are very well highlighted in the image as well. Very impressive!