Report: James Julian’s Report.
James Julian Team First
21 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
This a nice perspective looking top-down, sort of creepy like in a horror movie set. The dead space on the right side of the image could be cropped out and increase the scale of the effect being illustrated.
Great job using a fog machine to create vortexes! The cardboard is in great focus, and the vortexes above and below the cardboard can be seen clearly. My only suggestion would be increasing the contrast to try to brighten the fog a little more against the black background. But I really like the way it looks now, like it’s out of a horror movie or the dark fog in the first Lord of the Rings. Overall, great job!
The feel of this image is really eerie and cool. I like the color from the cylinder in the middle. It compliments the dark really well. The flow is really interesting; you did a great job capturing the details.
– The colors in this are nice and doesn’t convey the “cheapness” of the cardboard.
– Appears to have a more metallic look which compliments it well.
I love how this image is taken from a bird eye because you can really see the flow of the fog. I love the little vortexes you can see on the sides. Picture is nice and clear. Love the warm and cool color contrast.
The copper piece looks like it could be the ring from “Lord of the Rings”. The dark background gives this image an eery vibe, in line with the previous statement about Lord of the Rings.
I like the color of the copper obstacle. The angle helps capture the flow well. The blue/purple tint to the fog is a nice touch.
I like the nice ominous feel of this image. The contrast is a bit low, post processing the fog to a different color could help.
I like the dark shadows on the fog to really see the flow around the cylinder. I like the purple tint on the fog as well, I think it shows the movement around the cylinder well.
1. The image is artistic and well composed- the shape of the cardboard is really aesthetically pleasing.
2. The fluid flow is well shown.
3. The photographic technique is really good.
This image let me memorize the movie The king of Ring…..Pretty cooling image of fog.
Very dramatic feel to the image. You did a great job bringing out the bright color in the cardboard, which gave the photo a nice halloween-ey feel with the orange tones on a black background. I think maybe some side lighting could have made your fog stand out more, as it does blend into the background as is
I like the colors, with the copper and the purple work very well together. I think the photo is a little dark and the iso had to be higher to be able to see all of the parts of the photo and you can see some noise in the smoke. The vortices are really cool.
I really like the dark mysterious feel of this photo. I also like the lighting that was used to bring out some features of the fog. Great work!
Love the colors in this image, very dark and dramatic. The fog path is really vivid and clear in this image, I like the vortex formation around the object.
Almost looks like a planet in a science fiction movie pretty neat glow. I like that you used different set ups and tried different things. Cool image.
I like how the top surface of the cardboard has highlights and lowlights. It makes it look almost like a string of lights. I like the deep color of the flow and the purple looking tint on the fog.
I really like the effect that the fog makes going around the cardboard. There could be more light shining on the fog, to really showcase the effects of the fog.
The image gives off an eerie vibe. The contrast is poor and hard to see the flow. This might be what you wanted though.
Looks a little like fog flowing around a ring of fire, really eerie effect. Like that you can see the flow separation behind the obstacle. The darkness of the image is nice, but the fog is a little hard to see.
I like how dark this image is but some of the detail could be lost. The image is a bit grainy. Interesting color in the fog.