A purple dyed water droplet collides with a body of water below, leaving an intricate crown shaped splash.
19 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Outstanding framing focus and color scheme. You could sell this image
Great job capturing this very fast fluid phenomena. I am very impressed with the colors and focus on this photo as well.
Great image, I really like the purple. It really helps the contrast. The crown is perfectly focused and clear.
Awesome image. Amazing detail and focus. The flow is very predominant and easy to see.
Amazing image shows purple water splash. Great catching and awesome processing.
Good job having the droplets be so crips. The reflection in the water is superb. The purple water adds a nice effect to the image.
The crisp focus at the location of the crown splash allows a very clear reflection off the surface of the glassy water. It is so close at the surface that the image seems to be symmetrical across the surface. Perhaps consider cropping the top to focus on the area of interest even more!
razor sharp image! I really like the distinct purple colour. The sheet and subsequent breakup provides a really neat subject for the image. nice work.
Love this picture, it looks wild. The vibrant purple and droplets flying everywhere adds to that vibe. Great focus and quality. Droplets on backboard are a little distracting.
This image is super cool to see how the crown develops. interesting to see the non uniformity in the crown compared to some other crown splashes that i have seen.
great photo! There’s a lot of extra space above the crown that I think would look better if it was cropped out. The symmetry is also a neat effect with the reflection on the water below.
I love the color here, and the focus on the crown splash is great. I might have shifted the FOV or cropped the image to place the splash a little higher and bring out the reflection more.
The vivid colors are what make this image. The very mild ghosting adds an interesting effect to the image.
Great focus on the crown and i like the purple tint. The small droplets flying off the crown is neat. I would crop out the top just a bit so the crown is centered.
The image is very clear and it’s nice to see a Worthington crown captured so nicely.
– Great photo, I like the color choice in this. It reminds me of the little jellyfish in finding nemo.
Nice image, good clean crisp focus. I like the reflection on the surface, as well as the flying droplets. Awesome!
Great Focus!!! I love the reflection and the crown. I like the droplets flying off. I like the purple color
Great colors used for the splashing medium and drop. The reflection of the splash is super crisp and looks really nice!