Jeremy Parsons- Clouds Second
16 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Very cool wispy cloud phenomenon. I am very happy with the colors too. They look warmed, but not unnatural.
I really feel like I am there looking at a sunset. Great job capturing the details in the clouds and keeping the colors vibrant. The mountains are a nice touch.
This is an amazing sunset. I love the colors in the sky. The colors go well with the wisp of clouds. Very aesthetically pleasing.
The mountain silhouette does wonders for this image. The vibrancy of the colors on the clouds is excellent. Possibly consider using clone stamp or some other tool to remove the one dark cloud in the lower left.
Wow great photo! Beautiful color. I like how it fades from dark to light to dark. Good detail and focus.
1. Very impressive image with fantastic composition and colors.
2. The physics are well shown.
3. The photographic post-processing is extremely well done, and “make” the image.
This image’s post production is absolutely masterful. I’m glad you took the time to edit this picture based on seeing the first image and how it needed some work. With that said, I have to just marvel at the bottom mountain drop which adds a whole other layer of immersion to this image and it makes the artistic merit so much more amazing. I love the color contrast between the blue and yellow which makes the eye-appeal feel more inducing. Great photo.
Love the colors on this image. I like how the oversaturation draws the eye, I find it very pretty. The black mountain border is a good touch. Love the contrast of the sky to clouds. Great focus and quality.
I like your editing choices; the added colors help convey the sense of tranquility you talked about in class.
I like how dramatic this photo is. The way the sky, clouds, mountains and sun interact give this image a very warm feeling. The clouds are nicely depicted at a great angle.
After seeing the original I really liked the way you cropped the image to take out the lake. Cool picture!
Art: I really like the color contrast of the bright highlights contained in the clouds and the darker background of the sky and mountains.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and easily recognized.
Photographic technique: The focus of the clouds is great, and I do like hotter colors contained at the bottom but it could be toned down just a tad.
Good stuff. You got a nice wide range of clouds, and i like what you did turning the yellows into orange colors. YOu did a great job in post processing, looks way way better than the original I think. Gives a familiar feel to many sunsets ive seen.
Excellent capture of these clouds. The colors are nice and vibrant, really gives this image a warm feeling.
Wow! Nice photo, good coloring, interesting textures in the clouds!
I really like the way that the that the clouds wisp across the sky. It looks like the could is almost painted on the sky. Nice work in post processing to bring out some more color.