Sunset and clouds in Louisville, CO. 11/11/2016
Joseph Hall – clouds second
15 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Interesting colors, very cool. I might argue that they are a little over saturated. Kind of takes away from the natural look of the phenomenon. Creates good contrast however.
The colors are beautiful and have a nice, dynamic range. I love the nature feel of the image with the silhouettes on the bottom. Great job capturing the details.
I really enjoy the variety of colors in this image. The different colors help with the contrast and creates an aesthetically pleasing feel.
The yellows in the image are extremely vibrant. The silhouette in the foreground is nice, however the trees off the the right are a little distracting, consider cropping them out or editing them out in post processing.
1. Wonderful image! The color range and composition are excellent.
2. The physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is great.
The three-dimensional effects present in the clouds formations captured in this image are what I find most appealing. I think cropping more of the bottom out may remove some of the black and enhance the image.
I personally really enjoy the brightness, but if you want to dial back the yellows a little you do you! I like the contrails In your photo it’s a great photo.
Nice range f colours, I really like the darkness of the horizon contrasting with the brightest part of the sky. The variety of cloud types and colours really make the image stand out.
I like that the image was captured during sunset. The lighting and the colors give the photo a warm feeling. Great image.
I wouldn’t worry about the color too much. they look a lot better on the computer screen versus the projector; not as yellow. The highlight in this image is definitely the fading contrails.
Gorgeous colors but a little blown u p, especially in the middle where the sun is. It looks cartoonish. Blackened border is beautiful touch and helps bring focus to colors on top.
Art: I really like the color contrast of the bright colors that are in the clouds and the darker mountain silhouette.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and easily recognized.
Photographic technique: The focus of the clouds is well done and the depth of field is great with the capturing a large depth. The bright yellow is a bit high but I think that can be easily remedied.
I like the contrails in the photo and all of the colors in the image. The center where the sun is seems a little blown out but it is a challenge to get all of the colors when the part is so bright.
Nice sunset photo, good bright colors, I like the various textures of the clouds. I remember looking at this very sunset and wishing I had a better shot of it at the time. Nice!
Awesome capture of these clouds during the sunset. Colors are super vibrant and warm, I like the silhouette of the mountains at the bottom of the image.