- Clouds_ReportThese stratus clouds were taken on top of my apartment building on February 4, 2018 near sunset. These formed in unstable air.
Clouds First – Zachary Marshall
Clouds First – Zachary Marshall
20 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
I love the contrast in the image, it looks like a painting
This image is highly dramatic due to the difference in scale between the Flatirons and the low hanging mountain wave cloud. That dark, stormy cloud is imposing and inspires a feeling of dread.
Great image, I like the strong diagonal line of the cloud contrasting with the mountains. I would consider increasing the contrast slightly to darken the mountains.
Nice diagonals in this image. Love the silver linings on the clouds.
Nice shot. I would maybe try and get a better resolution. I also would like to see slightly more foreground
I really like the light edges of the cloud and how it spreads out across the upper left of the image. The low clouds by the mountains are cute.
Nice image, huge cloud you got. Nice frame.
Really good image. The colors are great and the contrast of the photo is well balanced.
Do you think there’s an observable correlation between the height of the mountains and the cloud formation in this photo or is the effect we’re seeing a result of your camera angle?
Great image, love the framing where you have most the cloud and some foreground, the clouds looks amazing, the jet airplane really add highlights to the image.
The diagonal of the cloud line draws attention to the middle of the image, I like the distribution of color between the two halves. The mountain line could be darkened a little more to increase the contrast in the image.
I like how you can see the wave of cloud spanning the entire image, kind of gives a dramatic feel to it. I also really like the light at the edge of the wave.
The image looks the sky look huge. Really great images, colors are nice, and the contrast is good.
I really like how the edge of the clouds is illuminated by the sun. Good framing, but the image seems a little grainy/unfocused.
I really like the subtle cloud cover on the side of the mountains in the foreground of the picture.
The presence the dark part of the clouds really helps to bring out the bright edges of the cloud.
This is super cool! The lighting and everything, the low clouds accentuating the mountains, the lighting with the high clouds – awesome.
I like the diagonal movement in the big dark cloud and the highlights right on the edge. Great focus and depth of field in the image.
Nice clouds, they look really cool. Overall nice colors and composition. It could use some color balance though.
I really love the colors of the clouds and how they look like paint brush strokes. The outline of the mountains is a nice addition too.