Seen in this image are cumulus clouds in stable atmosphere rolling over the rockies. They begin to fade away into the atmosphere as they move by.
Phil Nystrom Clouds
19 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Little blurry, maybe improve focus? Other than that, really beautiful colors and framing.
Interesting clouds they are nice and wispy
Nice Picture, well framed and color is very beautiful.
I like how you have a full landscape with the clouds. It helps illustrate where the clouds are forming at.
The clouds are pretty wispy and kind of bleed across the sky, I like the composition with the mountains.
Nice wispy dying clouds. I like the composition. Wish you’d had your camera but that’s often a luxury we don’t have with clouds. Nice shot.
Great image, I would consider cropping out the trees and buildings as the color is a little distracting, and the image is a bit grainy, were you using digital zoom?
I like the irregularity of the small clouds and the thinned out larger cloud that you chose to include.
Nice wispy clouds. I like the balance of light on top and dark on the bottom. The little strip of green trees at the bottom is a nice touch.
Nice to see the clouds look like they are falling apart in evaporation. Good full shot of the mountains too.
Lovely capture of fading clouds. I wish it wasn’t as grainy, but it is a beautiful phenomenon.
Good photo. The mountains are a nice background. Maybe crop the bottom a bit.
Really cool, I actually feel like if the image was a bit less blurry there is a very ethereal quality to the lighting that I think has a lot of potential.
I like the sky and the clouds but the mountains take up a lot of the photo and kind of distracts from the clouds themselves.
Interesting clouds. The image is pretty blurry and grainy
The image is a little over-saturated and some information is lost in the white clouds. I like the transparent clouds overlaying the white, puffy clouds.
Cool image with the light highlighting the clouds and the mountains in the shadows. Nice physics , captures welll.
I like the framing of the mountains and the soft effect of the clouds.
Very nice. The clouds are so blotchy!