Turbulent flow behind a cylinder.
Robert Gray – Team Second
24 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
This image is so neat! I love the fiery purple color in the flame.
It looks like a turbulent flame, which makes it captivating
Wow great idea! You really made the dye look like fire. Great post processing.
Wow this is such a cool image. The colors make it look so much like fire it is amazing.
Gorgeous! I definitely see a dragon head in the left, arching up and over. The flat top switched to the bottom is very dramatic!
The colors in this image are gorgeous! I really like the texture of the wave
Really interesting image, it is very striking how much it looks like a flame after the color inversion. I like how you rotated the image to make it appear as if the flow was impacting the “floor.”
I love how this image is of water but looks like fire
This image turned out really great. The flame like resemblance of the dyes makes for a strong impact.
Really nice. I showed this to my housemates and they liked it. It looks like fire. The vortex you captured right after the pipe is really nice.
The colors are reminiscent of fire. The flow is clearly visible. Nice job
Inverting the colors was a nice touch. It almost looks as if the “fire” embodies the shape of a dragon.
Very cool image, the colors coming out are amazing. I looks like its had a bit of photoshop, I would dial that back. Overall very stunning though.
Really cool picture with very broad range of colors. Good focus and contrast
This is amazing, the shape looks like a dragon. Beautiful image.
Ok, I said the last one looked a lot like fire but this one REALLY looks like fire. I love the reds, oranges, and blues and the shapes the dye makes gives a very convincing fire effect. Great focus and framing of the photo as well.
Awesome photo! I really like the color inversion and the flipping of the image.
I’ve never seen water look so flamelike before. Have others been able to create these kinds of flows?
I like the blue and red color of fire in your image. Nice focus on moving object.
Amazing range of brightness. This is quite a powerful image. Beautiful.
You’ve captured the full range of colors of the gaseous fumes very well.
Awesome photo with great color choices and contrasts. Awesome flow visualization
The colors are extremely vibrant and it looks like fire. The flow is nicely captured. Great image.
Amazing image, the flow looks like a dragon to me, great color, focus and framing. Great work.