Ferrofluid mixed with glow sticks (blue and green) in a plastic tray. Magnet was placed underneath tray so that the ferrofluid can be manipulated. Notice how glow stick liquid fills in the holes between the spikes in the ferrofluid.
Team Second – Zachary Hinck
22 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
I like the neon greens meshed in with the deep blues.
Interesting, beautiful, and grotesque
Much wow. The images’ colors appear to have alien characteristics.
The colors in this image are brilliant. The interaction between the two is captured well.
Creative choice of fluids. The lighting is effective.
Very colorful picture. I love the green and blue that makes the picture more nature like.
Very eerie and alien looking fluid, really cool how it forms those colors.
The patterns in the ferrofluid are very interesting. I wish I could see some moe of the dimmer ones in the back.
Excellent image, the colors are very striking and well-chosen.
Very complex image. Almost looks alien to me. The colors are great.
Neat image. Cool colors. Great work
This is really unsettling, in a really good way. The two regimes of bright green and strange, worm-like blue/green make a great contrast. I love it.
I love the greens and subtle blues. It’s like bio-luminescent algae growing into a tree. It’s striking.
Extra-terrestrial, almost looks like a microscope slide of a cell. Very interesting image overall, however, I would crop the bottom a bit.
Your image looks just like an eye of an alien. Very cool!
This experiment was super cool. I like the middle section that looks like cells or organisms
Fascinating, nice frame, and color is beautiful.
Very cool colors. I like how it is focused on just a small part of the center…you got some interesting shapes in the ferrofluid.
Awesome colors and great job on framing.
The colors are really beautiful and I like the idea of mixing glow stick fluid with ferrofluid.
Cool outerspace theme and love the colors
Absolutely fascinating, very alien and quite gorgeous.