A mix of honey and food coloring drip down the bottom of a glass partially filled with white vinegar and baking soda.
7 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
I enjoy the color choice. This piece reminds me of the Upside Down from stranger things (in a good way)
Max – I really like the lighting in this image, and how the foreground is darker and the background is bright. I think it gives the image an interesting perspective/contrast. It almost feels like you’re looking outside through a window.
The large range between the brights and darks, blues and pinks, bubbles and “strings” of dye. Great contrast overall. In regards to your cropping question, it may be interesting to see a couple of the cup ripples in the photo as well!
I think the colors are so so cool. The swirl it creates is very interesting to look at, especially with the bubbles.
I like the vibrant colors. I also like how the bubbles sort of interrupt the swirls of the food coloring. The food coloring lines around the bubble on the middle right sort of reminds me of a storm on a gaseous planet.
I also didn’t know what was happening until you explained it so the mysteriousness of the photo is neat as well. The complexity of the setup is also cool.
I really love the colors in this photo as well as the bubbles scattered throughout it. I think this picture is really cool!
This is a really dope photo, I really like the colors you have swirling and that this was a result of the aftermath of your initial expereiment