This image documents the paint ‘film’ that forms on the surface of water during hydro-dipping. Unfortunately, the only large enough bucket for this is bright orange… thanks Home Depot.
Image-Video 1 // Reid Pritchard
8 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
This is such an artistic looking image. The colors and patterns are very interesting, and I like that there is uncertainty about how it was produced making it very intriguing.
The fact that some color is coming from the surface and some from below gives this image great depth.
Reid – the colors in this image are incredible. Really enjoy the different shapes in the image as well.
I quite like the overall composition.
Did you do any mixing / stirring of the paint before shooting the image?
I personally really like the orange color in the background. I also like how you chose to crop the photo so that the eye is drawn to the center where most of the paint is.
consider submerging something in the water; it would add an interesting perspective.
I really love the colors you were able to capture in this image. I think the orange color looks really nice.
I like your color choices and the paint patterns. Did you dip anything in after this image?