Shown above is water captured as it is dripping off of a leaf. The effect of this “teardrop” can be attributed to a combination of surface tension, adhesion, and gravity.
Image-Video 1 // Taylor Ellis
14 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Big leaves that channel water to the tip always look super cool!
I love how peaceful this picture is. I think you did a really nice job with the focus highlighting the droplet.
I like how crisp the main leaf and droplet are in this picture. Great photo!
The focus on the droplet is fascinating. I love how the viewer’s attention is drawn to the drop through the shape of the leaf and the framing of the image.
I think your subject matter is gorgeous, and I love your framing!
I really liked how you ended up focusing on the front leaf while blurring the rest of the background. This allows me to focus my attention on the water droplet.
I really the enjoy the use of focus in your image. Also like how the drop of water reflects other parts of the image.
I really like the way the focus of the photo only on the fluid dynamics.
This is a nice simple pretty photo. The shallow depth of field lets the leaf and droplet stand out and the image in the droplet is cool.
In regards to you question, I believe that the framing is spot on. Having the drop off center makes for a nice composition.
I like how crisp the focus is on the droplet, with a great amount of lighting that makes it peaceful to look at.
Awesome photo! the water droplet is very mesmorizing!
I really like your choice of aperture. The droplet in focus with the blurred background looks really nice. Even though the background isn’t monochromatic, the droplet is still in focus.
I like how you chose to blur the background so that we can focus on the droplet rolling off the leaf!