This image is of water splashing down onto a rock on the Boulder Creek. It shows many different fluid properties such as laminar, turbulent flow as well as wetting. The refraction and reflections on the water creates some interesting green highlights.
Image-Video 2 // Brian Haug
7 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
I really like the focus in this image, the splashing droplets are really clear
The focus and short shutter speed make for a wonderful image. All the small water drops in the air remind me of a starry night. Great snap, Brian!
I like how you were able to capture the water as it goes from laminar to turbulent flows. I think that it’s a great photo!
I like how you captured the sheet of water jumping upwards surrounded by droplets.
I think the water droplets on the lens add to the action-shot feel of the picture and make it a much more organic photo.
I like the shutter speed you used and how you were able to capture a quick motion so clearly. I also like the rocks in the background and the water flow over the rock in the bottom right corner. I also like the green reflections in the water.
Love the focus you chose for this! Really captures the center of the image well. Nice work!