In this image, I held a spoon under a laminar flow created by my kitchen faucet. The water hits the spoon and deflects off it it creating a thin layer of water spreading off around the spoon. For the setup of the image, I set my camera on a tripod and took images as the water was hitting the spoon. I only used natural lighting provided by the windows in the kitchen.
Image-Video 3 // Bryan Wong
9 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Viscous SAVART SHEETS
Really good job with the post processing
I like how the image is really focused on the top half and blurs as you move down the image. The way you captured the ripples is really cool. They are shown very clearly.
The focus is on point for this image, it highlights the flow really well.
I really like the shallow depth of field here. You did a good job still keeping the important parts in focus, but also making an aesthetically pleasing image.
Everything about this image is amazing! You did an awesome job capturing this. I love the ripples!
I really like the ripples as the water flows off, it is a really cool effect.
I love the color palette of this image! The focus is super crisp, and the whole image has a great tone!
Bryan, you killed it on this one man. Looks amazing. Super crispy, lots of depth. This is a stand out photo for sure.