Visualization of non-newtonian oobleck on a shake table experiencing sine sweeps from 10-30 Hz
IV 3 // Tobin Price
14 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
I love how dramatic the shot is, I think you did an excellent job of capturing the motion of the waves. This is one of my favorite photos of this semester for sure!
Really cool to see how different frequencies produce effects that are clearly offset from the shape of the container. Heider and I experimented with cymatics as well, and because we used a hemispherical container, we did not have the same shapes.
I like the choice to use a single color and focus a little more on the way the shake table affects it, it turned out really cool!
I like how the rectangular casing created the unique ripples that you don’t see from circular containers.
Super cool to see how the dye drop mixes in with the oobleck!
Great music choice to match the videos. It was great to see the coolest videos we had compiled together
I love the different formations you were able to achieve with this. The music in the background was also very well done!
Great video, it was cool to hear about your control strategy with the shake table.
You did a good job capturing the spikes in the image and video!
It was really great to see a video of the experiment in addition to still frames. It really helps show what is actually going on and how the experiment was carried out. Seeing the different frequencies and the effect it had on the fluid was a really cool experience.
I think your choice to format it as a slow-mo video is a great choice for this experiment.
The music choice goes super well with the speed of the ripples of the oobleck speeding up and slowing down, also seeing the way the dye spread out across the waves was also really cool in contrast to the rising nodes we see within the actual form of the fluid. Awesome video!
I love the different colors/ shots. Also the music was awesome.
I loved watching the dye mix into the rest of the oobleck. The perspective this was taken at makes the focusing interesting. This was very nicely edited and the music choice was solid