Clouds Second // Tristan Martinez

Clouds Second // Tristan Martinez

This is a photo of clouds over Boulder, Colorado at 7:27 AM. The above image is edited while the lower is the original. The primary cloud type seen here is altocumulus lenticularis.

According to the Skew-T diagram below, the atmosphere was entirely stable.

Clouds 2 // Heider Iacometti
Cloud 2 || Robbie Cooper

• Kendall Shepherd
    Dec 5, 2022 12:45

I like the diagonal that the cloud goes across. I also like the little tiny cloud on the left, it adds size perspective.

• Isaac Martinez
    Dec 5, 2022 12:43

It looks like the sky is splitting across the diagonal in the image. The contrast of colors is very visually appealing. I also like the little cloud for scale

• John Whiteman
    Dec 5, 2022 12:42

Love a strong diagonal, and the massive cloud layer is a nice almost overwhelming presence that makes for a really cool picture, i also really like the range of colors present with the lighter cloud on the left, and the rocks, and the gradient blue in the sky.

• Anders Hamburgen
    Dec 5, 2022 12:42

Love this picture. I usually don’t like the weather when we get clouds like this, haha.

• Alex Kelling
    Dec 5, 2022 12:42

I like the menacing look that this overcoming dark cloud makes. The little lighter puff cloud in the original is a friendly baby.

• Will Dietz
    Dec 5, 2022 12:42

I really like the way the edge of the cloud spans the diagonal of the image. It’s very spatially resolved

• Ryan Wells
    Dec 5, 2022 12:42

I really enjoy this picture for how sudden the cloud boundary is. The dark grey contrasts really well with the sky blue, as well as the brighter grey towards the left.

• William M Watkins
    Dec 5, 2022 12:41

I love how dark the clouds are, with a hint of the color of the sun. I think it’s a great contrast of shades.

• Nathan Gallagher
    Nov 30, 2022 17:11

I love how clear you managed to get the boundary