This image was taken facing North after a rainstorm on August 28th at 7:13pm from outside the ITLL entrance on Regent Dr. The cloud types seem to be:
- cumulonimbus – low level cloud, found during thunderstorms, dark cloud with vertical growth
- nimbostratus – middle level cloud, dark smooth cloud creates rain
This would be an unstable atmosphere because the clouds, like cumulonimbus, stretch vertically because the unstable mass is rising.
For the editing of this image, I used Adobe Photoshop.
- the content-aware fill tool was used to remove the trees and streetlights to keep the photo undistracted
- the S curve was created in the Curve tool to bring out the bright and dark areas of the image
- the blue and green midtones were increased to create a cooler tone
- the vibrance was also increased