Madison Emmett

Altocumulus clouds in a stable atmosphere photographed in Winter Park around sunset.

Click here for report.

Spring 2018 Clouds First – Wesley Caruso
Clouds First – Jake Lanier

• Michael Guenther
    April 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Love the foreground and the clouds that accompany it

• Cyron Completo
    March 14, 2018 11:31 am

The lighting in this scene is compelling, I really like how you chose to include to Sun peeking through the mountain clouds. The shapes of the clouds are textured well due to your composition and I like the contrast between highlights and shadows in this image.

• Abigail Rastatter
    March 14, 2018 11:27 am

Stunning lighting – the sun rays and reflections off the snow are captivating. Love the little details – the fence, the building, the person. You should get a cabin and hang this in it.

• Daniel Petrykowski
    March 14, 2018 11:26 am

Nice capture. Are these snow clouds or are they just dark because of the solar zenith angle?

• Lucas Sorensen
    March 14, 2018 11:26 am

Excellent image, I like that the sun shining through the clouds is the focus of the image, and the fence and person are all located near and draw attention to the sun. The building is a little distracting, maybe you could alter that somehow?

• I like the design choices in the image. The fence line makes the foreground pop, but it adds some nice texture to the image.

• I like the dark streak the cloud makes

• Wesley Caruso
    March 14, 2018 11:25 am

Really nice image. I like the glow from the sun as it projects onto the clouds.

• I really like the foreground in this image. It really adds to the image.

• Very beautiful shades of light! I like how the shadows play a big role in the effect of this picture

• Zachary Marshall
    March 14, 2018 11:25 am

Nice job and getting just enough of the sun coming through. I also enjoy the guy standing there and the foreground with snow. The clouds are still a good focus. Cool clouds.

• Nice picture, I like there is a guy walk along the trail, well frame.

• Jordan Nahabetian
    March 14, 2018 11:25 am

Really great diagonal of the fence. The aesthetic is beautiful, but the buildings and take away a bit. Maybe making the buildings darker would add a lot to the image.

• Nice composition with the fence, and the human at the bottom of the screen. Perfect lighting for this image which is lucky. Nice capture.

• The difference of dark and light both in the clouds and on the ground is cool with the dark mountains in the middle.

• Cool cloud formation. I like how the sun is shining through and illuminating the clouds on the right of the image. The fence line also helps focus attention on the sun.

• Gabriel McGann
    March 14, 2018 11:24 am

It’s rare to see figures in these cloud images so this is a great change of pace. I like how the person is silhouetted too.

• Great image, love the framing and the combination of people, mountain and the clouds. The footprint on the left looks great.

• Geya Kairamkonda
    March 14, 2018 11:24 am

This is a really nice image! I like the big fluffy clouds and the shadows in the snow. I actually also like the person because it gives a dramatic feel to it.

• Philip Nystrom
    March 14, 2018 11:24 am

Nice photo composition, overall I like the outcome. I would take down the contrast, the darks are a bit too dark. Overall nice image.

• I like the cloud formation and the colors in the sky. The sun is a little overpowering but it does add nice highlights to the surrounding clouds.

• Gabriel Elbert
    March 14, 2018 11:23 am

contrast and shadows are cool, great image