Get Wet // Brian Gomez

Get Wet // Brian Gomez

This image was taken of water that has been died blue with an Alka-seltzer tablet creating carbon dioxide bubbles which interact with the layer of vegetable oil on top. The two fluids have different densities and will never fully mix. I have increased the contrast and used “Color Booster” to highlight the blue and green which is originally a pale yellow.

Wet Wet / Spume
Get Wet // Meg Ivy

• I like the lighting you use in this picture. It makes the edges of the glass almost completely disappear, so all you aren’t distracted when looking at the liquids.

• Peter Rosenthal
    September 30, 2019 9:58 am

Pulling out the green from the yellow vegetable oil was a neat choice. It reminds me of the earth because of your final colors.

• I really enjoy the coloration in this image. Beautiful image!

• This is one of my favorite “Get Wet” images; the framing, colors, reflections, and lighting/shadows are all on-point. I particularly like how the shadow cast by the cup captures some of the greens and yellows in the bubbles. This must have been quite a thin cup, since the borders are almost invisible. Near the top it almost looks like there’s a cup at all. Would you consider editing out the thin line of white reflections outlining the top left side of the cup?

• Very cool colors captured in this photo. I like how you decided to keep the shadow in the picture, brilliant idea because it adds another interesting element to the photo.

• This reminds me of the sea bed and underwater plants. Love the focus on the bubbles.

• This is gorgeous! Beautiful lighting.

• Byron Pullutasig
    September 23, 2019 12:30 pm

I like the contrast that was created with the table cloth. The image is very clear and focused

• This reminds me of a lava lamp. I love the lighting, it draws your attention to the cup very nicely. I love how vibrant the colors you used are as well.

• Extremely neat idea to use an alka-seltzer tablet to create instabilities within the fluid. I really enjoy the LED lighting to pass through the pint glass and add an image on the table cloth. The bubbles remind me somewhat of an underwater ocean.

• Loved the quality and reflection. Good job.

• I like the background the lighting and also the reflection.

• Antonio Gueretta
    September 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Awesome image! Your lighting works really well. It illuminates the colors in the glass and captures the reaction very artistically.

• The lighting setup for this is awesome I love all the different layers you got into one picture and I also love the reflection of the fluid on the table.

• Jennifer Kracha
    September 23, 2019 12:25 pm

I think adding the Alka-seltzer tablet was a creative idea! I love the lava-lamp effect it gives out.

• I really like the different colors, especially the green from the carbon dioxide bubbles. It also looks a lot smaller than a pint glass which is surprising.

• Matthew Knickerbocker
    September 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Very creative photo, I enjoy the texture of the background along with the reflection of light that can be seen on the table.

• Abduljalil Almashama
    September 23, 2019 12:25 pm

I love the vibrant color of this picture. The flow kinda looks like moss.

• How much time passed between dropping the Alka-seltzer tablet in and when you captured this image?

• I really like the choice of colors and the lighting, it looks very cool and mysterious. It looks like a lava lamp.

• reminds me of a lava lamp. I like how the reflection onto the tablecloth shows the bend in the cloth. I also like how the light looks yellow on the table cloth but there really is not very much light in the cup.

• Alejandro BarronToriello
    September 23, 2019 12:25 pm

I love the lighting angle, it gives it a cool shadow with dark background

• I also used dyed water and alka seltzer, and it’s very interesting to see how different the same experiment can appear with different colors and a change in who is taking the photo!

• Its cool to see how all of the colors more around in the solution due to the flow.

• Jason Fontillas
    September 23, 2019 12:24 pm

I think your use of lighting is creative. Back lighting the subject really makes the colors pop out.

• I love how you included the reflection of the fluid on the ground