Read the report: harrison_lien_team_project_3_report
Fishbone Structure Formed by Two Colliding Viscous Jets
11 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Interesting image. good focus on the flow phenomena. only feedback I have is that there may be a little too much negative space, some cropping may be in order.
This is a really awesome photo with the two jets colliding. I Never would have guessed that this is what is happening in the image without the description. nice work!
Art: The contrast between the background and the stream is amazing, the black background against the white droplets make the lines around the instability that much more impressive.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The depth of field and focus in this piece is really well done with the accurate capturing of all of the instability without any distractions coming from the background.
I like the photo, but I think it would be cool to see what using colored light would do to increase some contrast. Or using a liquid like milk with various food dye and seeing how that effects the mixing and effect.
Possibly crop in the image a little to make the droplets take up more of the image. Also, you may want some more light if you were to try this again since the camera is set up so high as it is and the image is still a tad dark. But the image shows a really neat effect and the focus is crisp, well done.
Love the symmetry of the image. It kind of looks like a ribbon for caner awareness or something. Amazing work. The contrast is also wonderful
Interesting flow of two streams colliding. The flow can be seen clearly. Great contrast and lighting.
I like this picture, the structure is very pretty and symmetrical. Like the minimalist style, it’s a clear image. Very nice job in post-processing.
1. Very artistic and lovely image.
2. The fluid physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is very good.
This is an incredibly captivating image. I really like the crisp contrast of the lighting being diffracted in the water to the black background.
Interesting fluid flow. The image has a very calm feeling. It is a little hard to see the flow. Maybe adding more lights in different directions will help.