Slow moving vortex visualized with food dyes
2016 Team Third: Alex Rosenberry
13 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
The sharp focus in this image is really cool. The spiral added to the flow before the dye was added really makes this image great
Awesome photo! love the bright green and dark green contrast. Flow is clearly shown, you can see the motion basically. Great focus!
This image makes me think of yin and yang. The texture of the dye is superb and the focus excellent. Consider cropping the image in a little to remove the glass.
1. This image is artistically refreshing and compositionally simple, yet fantastic.
2. The fluid physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is excellent.
This photo has great contrast. The drops almost look like they are dancing together.
I really like how the “fish” look like they are chasing each other around the bowl. cool way of lighting this with an overhead projector.
Nice image. The circularity is quite pleasing and the spreading of the dye is really neat.
The lime green background with the swirling darker green is fascinating. I also like the choice of leaving the cup in the image
Excellent focus. The neon green is gorgeous with the black ink. Excellent detail in the ink trails.
Very nice capture of this food dye interaction. The all green theme is cool and the depth of field displayed is great.
wow cool image. It may have been nice to remove the glass. Depth of field is nice.
I really like how there is only the color green. Even thought there is only one color, the image portrays great contrast and lighting while being able to see the flow clearly. Well done.
I like the focus and feathering affect on the left grouping of dye. It almost looks like a fly or something that would be used for fishing