Third Team Image: Preston Marcoux
14 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Very interesting color spectrum going on in this photo. Great job. The focus is really sharp and good contrast.
This is really cool to see the instability in the photo with the contrasting colors in the background. nice work with the image.
I enjoy the triple color scheme and the contrast you gain between the foreground and the background.
Nice crisp focus, nice colors. The left portion of the plume is a little under exposed but it adds some mystery
Awesome photo. Great focus and detail. Nice choice in colors. Good capture of the physics flow.
The green coloring in the image really overpowers the other colors. This gives the image great contrast along with a good lit background
Love the dark black contrasting the yellow and reds. great use of food coloring!!!
Love the jellyfish looking vortexes. Like the contrast of the dark green with the lighter colors in the background. Very clear sharp focus on the instability, nice blur in the background.
Art: The contrast between the background and the food coloring could be a bit more sharp, but I do like the use of filling up the entire frame with this droplet suspension.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The depth of field and focus used is perfect for this piece.
I like the different layers that show the subject in focus in the foreground, while having a colorful backdrop of similar effects.
I like the color and focus is pretty good–some of the green could be a tad more in focus. The blurred backgrounds with the green in front is a great effect.
Nice image, good clean crisp focus. Nice coloring, cool flow physics.
Nice focus on the ink. The texture in the water is quite fascinating. The contrast is superb, good job.
1. Artistic image with lovely contrasting colors.
2. The physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is good.