Team Third Danny Baker
12 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
interesting image. The flow is simple, but well captured. I think maybe getting closer in on the image may have been pretty cool.
1. The image is artistic, and the red fluid is very nice and contrasts well with the flame.
2. The physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is good. Editing out the candle edge may make the image more compositionally focused.
Art: I love the contrast between the hot flame and the wet droplet.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The depth of field and focus in this piece was perfect, some more post processing might be good to take away some of the distracting things in the background.
Awesome concept! I think it worked out pretty well. Great photographic technique.
Very sharp focus on the q-tip, is nice. Like the warm red and light yellow light. Like the idea behind it a lot.
Nice contrast from the liquid and fire. Good detail and focus.
Interesting image. Flake blood over the flame gives great lighting and contrast.
Good focus, and intent with the liquid impinging on gas. I think the background could use some spot cleanup and noise reduction.
The focus on the drip is good, and it contrasts well with the background. However, I find the background a bit distracting with the colors and the wax and the lines on the candle container, possibly edit some out in post processing. Always a fan of fire in image.
Nice image, good focus. Nice coloring.
great color contrasts. love the red and the fire.
Very unique image, you’ve got good focus and I really like the contrast of the downward drip.