Team 3: Brett Sibel: Ferrofluid
13 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
interesting shot! the contrast is really great on this image. cool sharp photo as well. The iron sculpture is really cool in the ITLL exhibit
I like the way that the background has been dealt with in this photo. an interesting twist on something that we walk by every day.
1. Nice artstic image.
2. The physics are well shown.
3. The photographic technique is good.
Art: The contrast between the background and the ferro fluid is amazing, the white backdrop against the black fluid is perfect..
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The focus used in this picture is great, but maybe a bit more post processing to bring out some detail in the darker areas might be good.
Amazing contrast; and the red/orange tones on the structure are superb as well.
Awesome image. Great detail and focus. Very simple flow with a lot of texture. I like the bright white background. Really makes the ferrofluid pop.
Great focus and very sharp. I like the height that this ferrofluid can achieve. Very nice contrast as well.
You captured some amazing detail with great focus. The image seems a little over contrasted.
pretty symmetrical image. contrast is lost in shadows. nice sharp focus.
Awesome photo, good clear focus. I like the contrast, and the subtle reflections on the fluid’s surface.
I like the contrast with the pure white background. The focus is great, but there are a few distracting orange light reflections.
Posted image quality a bit low, possibly compress less in the future. The contrast is excellent, and the focus is superb. Also, cool to see the lights in the ferrofluid.
Super simple, super creative great image!