Team Third | Marcus Gurule
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Cool video. Maybe some more editing and cropping.
The video is amazing. The background and video should be held more steadily to avoid distracting movements. Cropping should also be used.
i like how you shot a video to really give the ferrofluid some action. cropping the video would add a nice effect
Art: The contrast between the background and the fluid is great, but a bit more post processing might help eliminate some noise and visual distractions coming from the background.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The depth of field and focus in this piece is great with the capturing of the spiral.
Video needs a lot of editing. Cropping the top, eliminating distracting sounds and maybe adding some music would really help. The preview image on here looks really cool.
Possibly crop the video down a little to the background and cut the sound. Nice video, cool to see. Well focused.
The video is informative relative to the setup and function of the ferrofluid spire. Consider cropping the frame in toward the subject, you can likely stabilize the image in post processing but consider using stabilization during the shoot. Something other than the ambient volume would help as well!
Cool video Marcus.
I like the choice of going with a video. Nice capture of fluid flow. Great job.
I like the movement of the pherofluid, but I think some sound and slow motion might be cool. The background also is moving which is distracting.
You gotta do some more editing on this one. It’s really cool!