A droplet of molten aluminum cools almost instantly upon contacting the ground, freezing it as a splatter.
Team Second – Jake Lanier
11 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Great focus and resolution, it looks like a professional shot
Good focus on the droplet. I like the idea of having an old drop in the back. I know it was probably just a failed attempt but it does add a nice effect to the overall photo.
The splatter effect is illustrated really well because your choice of using a fluid that solidifies quickly at room temperature. I have never seen an effect where there are two distinct arms that expand as a result of the splatter until now and it draws my eye.
Interesting. Would you expect some kind of corona similar to the corona you would see with a droplet splash?
The aluminum drop is interesting, I think the arms stretching out is a really cool effect. A neat visualization from welting.
Nice fliud, cool use of the physics. Nice color and vignetting in the image.
Cool focus in this image. I like the shape of the drop and the contrast of the colors of the aluminum with the table.
Awesome experiment and I really like the focal point you chose.
Nice job. A peculiar flow.
I love the contrast of texture here. This is quite beautiful.
Cool image. Nice focus.