These photos depict the work of Fabian Oefner in his State of the Art in which he explored the Ferrari California T. After experiencing the vehicle in a test drive he was inspired to depict the speed and form of the car in a unique way. The setup was done in a dark wind tunnel with a black Ferrari California T and UV paint. Strong UV lights were placed around the wind tunnel and custom piping was made for proper dispersion of the UV paint in the wind tunnel. Some of the final results are depicted above showing the aerodynamics of the Ferrari design and how fluid flows along this magnificent vehicle. More photos and videos, including close ups, are posted on Fabian Oefner’s Behance site.
Best of Web Fall 2022 – Ryan Wells
7 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
First Prize: It is impressive how they were able to capture the small details. Having a black Ferrari is a plus!
Second Prize: The bright colors and high wind speed create a super neat effect. Varying the windspeed allowed for the drops to run at different angles.
First plaze: Ferraris + flow viz. What else needs to be said?
First: The mixture of the bright colors splattered on the dark car is striking and eye capturing.
First Prize: Cars are a really cool combination of the beauty of design and the functionality of design and this is a really cool way to combine both of these things in an art form that is a combination of beauty and science as well.
2nd Prize: The colors in this image do a fantastic job of popping against the background and chassis and really accentuate the streamlines of air across the car.
First Prize: I really admire the colors and flow of the paint on the car as well as the various angles of the camera during the film.