The report for this can be found here.
Second Team Image: Preston Marcoux
15 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Great job highlighting the flame with the background. It gives me a feeling of anticipation because of the mushroom effect happening. The focus is really nice.
The mushroom effect caused by some sort of impact is really cool. I am very impressed by the composition of the photo too,
Art: The contrast between the background and the fluid is really well done, it makes the flames that much more dramatic of a shot.
Flow: The flow is quickly understandable and recognized.
Photographic technique: The focus on the flames in this piece is fantastic.
Great capture of fire, I really like the contrast range in this photo. The bright fire ball looks fantastic against the deep black background.
Great focus. I like the framing also. I like the orange, bulbous shape of the flame surface.
The clarity of the fire is excellent. It pops marvelously on the black background. Consider cropping the image in a little from the left to center the fire a little more.
Awesome contrast with a nice blacked out background. Beautiful color. Nice detail and focus. No distracting elements.
Very nice picture with excellent range of colours and sharp detail. Cropping and editing really add to the picture overall.
So Beautiful! One of the best fire images I have seen. Love the contrast and vivid color.
Art: Really awesome colors
Flow: The flow is clearly illustrated
Technique: Great lighting
i really like the work you did in post processing. really cool colors and nice to see the way the flame comes over the basin.
The flames almost look like silk and have exceptional color. I really like your editing choices Preston.
Amazing contrast and fluid flow. The image is crisp and aesthetically pleasing
Nice clear image, awesome contrast between the fire and the black background. You can really see the fluid flowing as highlighted by the fire.
Good photoshop to limit distractions. The focus of the fire is very clearly shown.