To make this photo I bought some Kroger brand whole milk, Kroger food coloring, Dawn blue dish soap, and some q-tips. I had a lot of fun playing around to get different patterns. This photograph shows some cool vortices that remind me a von Kármán vortex street. I thought this image would be a good connection with my first post which showed von Kármán vortex street down stream of islands.
Assignment 1 // Robert Sasse
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
The colors are incredibly stunning and you managed to do a great post-processing job to add up to your setup. Great job!
This is a really unique image that you were able to capture! The colors and the different tones really create a three-dimensional effect that emphasizes the textures of the fluids.
This is a really awesome image. The colors are really cool and contrast well with each other. I would be interested to see some of the other images you were able to capture with this setup! The one comment I have to offer is that there is good focus in the center of the image but on the fringes, it is out of focus. I think if you could get a sharp focus on the whole image it would be really nice.
The colors and the smoothness of the swirls makes this photo look like a storm on another planet. Well done on not having any light reflections on the fluid, it really helps to not distract from the photo.
Very nice color saturation. The colors really pop against each other and the lighting really plays well with the depth of the field.