This photo shows of drops of agave syrup covered in cinnamon. When the dry cinnamon covers the drop of liquid, it is able to roll around and stay dry and intact. The other glob of agave is not fully covered but you can see how the cinnamon begins to encapsulate the liquid and form a sphere.
Lily Pelton – Image1
4 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
The focus on this image is so on point!! Super impressive that you did that with a free hand!!!
The focus is really nice, very impressive that you were able to get this with effectively ‘double handheld’. The contrast between the agave on the left and on the right is very nice. I think that I would like to see a sharper contrast between the background and the subject. You could try using masking features in post to achieve this. You could also try bringing down the brightness to help accentuate the light on the agave (also in post, I wouldn’t reduce light during shooting).
Great job getting high level of detail with both droplet covered and suspended in the cinnamon. Lighting highlights the color of the cinnamon against the spoon.
I love the creativity of this image. Being able to see the two different aspects of the agave before and after being covered in cinnamon makes the image really interesting as well.