In this video created by Rus Khansanov, the Merangoni Effect was used to create stunning flows with a variety of breathtaking colors and forms. While there isn’t more background information about how these flows were created, it is apparent that more than the Merangoni Effect is at play here. Through his understanding of fluid physics, thoughtful color design, and stark lighting, Rus was able to create stunning life-like “eyes” worthy of the Best of Web 2022.
Best of Web – Sander Leondaridis
Flow Vis Guidebook
- Introduction to the Guidebook
- Overview 1: Phenomena. Why Does It Look Like That?
- Overview 2: Visualization Techniques
- Overview 3: Lighting
- Overview 4 - Photography A: Composition and Studio Workflow
- Overview 4 - Photography B: Cameras
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Focal Length
- Overview 4 - Photography C: Lenses - Aperture and DOF
- Overview 4: Photography D: Exposure
- Overview 4 - Photography E - Resolution
- Overview 5 - Post-Processing
- Clouds 1: Names
- Clouds 2: Why Are There Clouds? Lift Mechanism 1: Instability
- Clouds 3: Skew - T and Instability
- Clouds 4: Clouds in Unstable Atmosphere
- Clouds 5: Lift Mechanism 2 - Orographics
- Boundary Techniques - Introduction
- Dye Techniques 1 - Do Not Disturb
- Dye Techniques 2 - High Visibility
- Dye Techniques 3 - Light Emitting Fluids
- Photons, Wavelength and Color
- Refractive Index Techniques
- Art and Science
- TOC and Zotpress test
Second prize – this video is so cool! The colors and lighting really make the images pop.
2nd Place: I really enjoyed this video not only because of the amazing, vibrant colors, but also because of the variety of different experiments that are included. The almost futuristic music is a great compliment to give you a little shock every time a new one starts.
Third – The fluid dynamics in this video ae so captivating. The different speeds, colors, flows, and interactions almost make this video look like it’s animated. Very beautiful.
Second – I really liked how it looked like eyes. I also liked the different color combinations, it really made each one very unique. This video was kind of hypnotizing with all the different flow patterns happening and the feeling of staring into an eye.